Monday, July 7, 2008

Bridesmaids

Less than four weeks to go.

I (Cheyenne) thought I'd provide some extra useful information. These are my lovely bridesmaids, in order of when I met them. You may notice that I may also have picked them based on the normalcy of their names.

Nishga - Sister of the Bride / Maid of Honour ("MOH")

I met Nish shortly after she was born. I asked for her. Well, for a little sister. Not specifically for a Nishga. I could never have known. Anyway, she's kind of the perfect sister and does pretty much everything fabulously. Including wedding planning. Anything that goes haywire is her fault. Kidding.




Nori - the High School Era Bridesmaid / Hairstylist to the Bride


Nori and I have been friends since the day we wore the same sweatshirt to class in high school. I only recently got rid of it - sentimental value and all that. Since high school, Nori and I have become friends for reasons beyond a forest green Russell sweatshirt. For a while I was her hair model. Now I make Nori style my hair because she's great at it. We have also been going to boot camp together, so we're super fit, obviously. Anything that goes wrong with my hair is her fault. Kidding.


Hopi - the Undergrad Era Bridesmaid / Token "International" Bridesmaid

I have broken the one promise I can remember ever making to Hopi. I promised I'd make her be my bridesmaid and wear seafoam. As you'll see, I didn't make her wear seafoam. Hopi and I have been friends since Arts One in first year at UBC. And then we lived together for three years in Vancouver and in Nottingham. We met Robin Hood and lived with funny international students. We were "international" too which always feels a little relative. Hopi's getting married soon, so I have to be extra nice to her or I'll be in seafoam in short order. Kidding. Maybe.

Raewyn - the Law Era Bridesmaid / the "Perfect Things" Buddy

Rae and I have been friends since we made the same mistake. We went to law school. As a side note, a shockingly excessive percentage of our wedding guests have made the same mistake. Anyway, Rae and I eat a lot together, send each other heaps of random news links, laugh just about all the time, and she generally makes my life way more fun than it would be without her. Soooo much fun. Also, she picked out my wedding lipstick so if it looks awful, it's her fault. Kidding.

Those are the bridesmaids!

No comments: